SSH/ProftpD server

caddyman379

oh, and one more thing. I have an Aureal Sound card (it blows, but it still serves my purposes) that i can't get the drivers to install. when i go to make install -10 it says no soundcard found.. i read that set of drivers help file and basically it didnt help me. my soundcard still works in windows, but i'd rather not keep rebooting into win when i want to hear a song or video

thanks!

p.s if it helps, when i looked up the soundcard it didnt show it having any module. not sure what that means..

theres a Server management thing in his control center.. There isnt one in mine. Anyway, the servers are running but i want to config them... :help:

Install webmin

That will give you a gui to manage ssh, ftp, dns, bind, etc,etc.

Open RPMDrake (Mandrake Control Center > Software Management > Add) and do a search for "wiz". The application that you want to install is "drakwizards".

This will install all the server wizards as well as install all the accompanying servers, if they are not installed (Apache, Bind, NTP, Samba, Postfix, ProFTPd, etc.)

Once installed, you will have a new option under Software Management in the Mandrake Control Center called Server Wizards (if I recall correctly).

Edited by sglafata