mandrake install freezes with a GA41M-ES2H mobo

Guest leo67

Guest leo67

Hi all,

I have got an install issue with mandrake 2010 32 bits (with ubuntu & fedora too), after the hardware detection process I got a blank screen with a nice cursor blinking and the system freezes.... I have a very basic Pc with a GA41M-ES2H mobo, a wolfdale 2.93 Ghz CPU, 2 sata WD HDD,one of those hosting Vista. I have found my motherboard in the hardware compatibility list without knowing whether or not it should work.

Does anyone have an idea ? especially how to get some info (log file or so) from the setup process in order to figure out what's going on...?

Thanks.

PS: found nothing helpful when googling mandrake + GA41M-ES2H and the iso cd mandrake 2010 32 bitg works fine with my laptop.

Edited by leo67

I have a Biostar board with an ATI/AMD chip set that will not communicate with the sata module for the installer. Neither OpenSuSE nor Mandriva will install. Funny thing is that older versions of linux will install. Do a text install and watch the kernel message screen to see where the freeze occurs. Post back after you look.