new user unable to set password

wirechief

First i was unable to login after installing mcnlive-kris 2010, i was able to use a terminal and set the root passwd and finally

able to figure out that the userid: live and password:live got me into the desktop but when i tried to change the password for my userid of wirechief i was not able to login using it, i had to revert back to username: live password live

i had to delete it and try again. that worked once i went back and deleted the user that i had created with adduser wirechief -p xxxxxpassord

all of this could of prevented if i had known originally that the user name was : live and password was live

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Please note that "Kris" is still in beta, please ask your questions about that version in the announcement topic here: https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?/topic/101143-mcnlive-kris-beta/ or directly at mcnl here: http://www.mandrivaclub.nl/site/index.php?showtopic=11226

Do you still have a problem or was the problem just that you didn't know the password for user "live"? :)

We should have mentioned that in the announcement... sorry for that.

Please note that "Kris" is still in beta, please ask your questions about that version in the announcement topic...

highking - the Announcements and News sub-forum is just for those things. Members should post their problems in this sub-forum - unless they want to use one of the MCNLive forums at www.mandrivaclub.nl.

Well, in that case it might be a good idea to create a new topic about the beta for questions? This in order to prevent loads of topics about a beta as you cannot expect anything to work just fine when using a beta. Besides, its hard for us to keep track of all issues when people just post their questions anywhere.

highking -

It's unfortunate that you have to monitor the Dutch site as well as this one, but this board doesn't get that much traffic, so you shouldn't have trouble dealing with posts when you're here: I don't think there's any need to put them all in one topic. If we get inundated, we may reconsider. :)

When you're away from the board, you can use the Watch Forum facility to be notified of new postings - perhaps you're already doing that?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.