New version of MCNLive

willie

I'm glad I can tell that the MCNL is building a new MCNLive version based on Mandriva 2010 :drunks::ps3banana::drum::banana:, the new developer is HighKing.

It's still called a alpha5 version but I'm typing this from MCNLive installed on a aspireone110 netbook. If everything goes well there will be a public beta version for testing.

[moved from Live CD/Live USB by spinynorman]

I used the MCNlive that was developed by Chris and others that worked with her, it was a sad day when she was no longer able to continue her magic, however this new release is just outstanding, I have booted it up on two of my 5 computers and will be testing

it on the others, getting a workable X system on my Gateway computer with a ATI graphics chip is a tough act and MCNlive Kris did so

easily with the VESA boot option here is the result of running inxi looks like it is not able to resolve something but for the most part it was able to pullup information relative to the session.

inxi -v3

Resuming in non X mode: xrandr not found in path

System: Host localhost Kernel 2.6.31.12-desktop586-1mnb i686 (32 bit) Distro Mandriva Linux release 2010.0 (Official) for i586

CPU: Quad core AMD Phenom 9750 (SMP) cache 2048 KB flags (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4a svm) clocked at 2398.747 MHz

Graphics: Card-1 ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card-2 ATI RV730 PRO [Radeon HD 4650] tty res: 80x32

Network: Card-1 Realtek RTL-8185 IEEE 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Controller driver rtl8180

Card-2 Marvell 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver sky2

Disks: HDD Total Size: 1504.3GB (17.5% used) 1: Hitachi_HDT72101

2: WDC_WD5000AACS 3: USB_Flash_Memory

Info: Processes 166 Uptime 19 min Memory 235.6/3040.4MB Runlevel 5 Client Shell inxi 1.4.

Excellent job HighKing keep up the great work, hope this continues and we can collaborate and help others.

I found that xrandr was not installed, now inxi works fine, thanks to http://techpatterns.com/forums/about1133.html for their fine test script

Edited by wirechief

Hi, great to hear it is working well for you! :)

There are still some issues with it, but most seems to work pretty well. For example, local disks are not mounted in copy2ram mode, which is a problem when you like to do a remaster as there is no partition to place the temp files on. This is fixed in my new config script which will be on the next beta. Besides the remaster script now quits with an error if there is no partition to place the temp files on, instead of just going on and crash because of low memory. :P

The vesa bootoption is not 100% as well, since it relies on drakx11 to write a xorg.conf. In the next version, if no config file is written it places a default vesa xorg.conf in place.

Furthermore, Kris (the person, not the iso :D) doesn't like the antialias settings, but somehow the preconfigured settings won't stay in place... have to look into that once more. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.