Installing Inkscape 0.46

Guest mikejd

I have been running Mandriva 2008.1 for some time. I had Inkscape 0.46 installed but it suddenly stopped loading. So I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling. I thought I would upgrade to 0.47 but found I could not download the file through the Mandriva configuration interface due to missing libpoppler.so.5. I tried to reinstall 0.46 and this worked but it still fails to load, now apparently due to a missing file libperl.so.

I have been unable to find either of these dependancies so how can I get a working installation?

Mike Davies

That will work if perl-base is installed, however, if it's not installed and you're trying to find a package that you need, you can do this:

urpmf --provides libperl.so

then you can see what package is listed and then install it, thus:

urpmi perl-base

for example.

For 2008.1, the default version of inkscape is 0.45. If you want 0.46, you'll have to enable the backports repository.

I think this is more likely to result in success than trying to install 2009.0 or 2009.1 packages, which it sounds like you might have been trying to do?