Adding sound to slide shows

dalee

Hi,

I want to add music and sound to my slide shows that I can view on my TV DVD player. I've been looking for programs (admittedly not overly hard), but can't seem to find anything.

I've got OO.org 1.1, would Impress do the job? Or would the format be wrong?

Thanks,

dalee

I think you will need to find a video editing app to piece things together and then encode to a mpeg2 format to play as a vcd, or svcd on your dvd player.

If you would like to try something geared more towards a professional level - try cinelerra (available from plf).

Summary: Non-Linear Video Editing Suite

Description: If you want to make movies, you want the compositing and editing that the big boys use, you want the efficiency of an embedded UNIX operating system combined with the power of a general purpose PC, or you just want to defy the establishment, the time has come to download Cinelerra.

There is also filmgimp (contribs), but I am not sure how far along development this is at this time.

I have never had much luck editing stuff. If you need more info on all the formats and recording standards --- try http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvd

Hi,

Thanks scoopy! I looked at cinelerra, but dual Athalons!? :o Holy mackeral Batman! I just got an old k6-2 350/128megs. I know you didn't know that since I didn't mention it. But it was quite an eye-opener.

I'm dl'ing FilmGimp, (now renamed CinePaint), will give that a try. Hopefully, I'll be able to learn to use it.

Thanks Much!

dalee