kweather

jthing

I have a simmilar problem.

kweather doesn't even list my needed station (or country!!),

but when I enter it manually in kweather file under ~/.kde/apps

it just displays the same message

p.s. I manage with Firefox weather extension, but it's not so nice as kweather

What is the name of your nearest weather station ??? I can perhaps look it up for you. Mandriva2005-LE kweather had a facility for you to find the nearest station. For some unbeknown reason it is not in some versions of Kweather which is pretty silly when you think about it. The latest kweather in 2006-Official seems to have a locator system that works ok. I think the arlier one in 2005-LE was better because it connected you to the US International weather service that offered code for just about every weather station on the planet and then it was just a case of typing the code into the kweather GUI and you were done

Hello Solarian. I have found that when you manually enter the 4 letter code in kweather.rc in .kde, you must make sure that the code is only in capital letters and make sure that kweather is not already on your Panel.

Type in the 4 capital letter code and remember to save the change. Only then mount kweather on the panel and don't press the buttons relating to station code in kweather because this will wipe the code from kwearther.rc and you will be back where you started. You usually need to log out then back in and it should work OK.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

A follow up for our original poster.

Open Firefox and type in the following web address :-

http://weather.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml

When there select which state if in USA. If not US then select international and select Country.

Scroll through your State or Country and locate the station nearest you. Note the 4 letter code shown in capital letters. Type that letter code into kweather and be sure to type Capital letters only.

Cheers. John.

Look in .kde/share/config/KWeatherServicerc:

[WEATHERSTATIONS]
stations=EGHI

Also look in .kde/share/config/weather_panelappletrc in your /home directory.

It should looks like this:

[General Options]
log_file_name=
logging=false
report_location=EGHI
reportview_size=450,325
smallview_mode=1

( I added your code in there.)

HTH

lynchmob

It appears that I had an error in "weather_panelappletrc", 0000 instead of my station (EVRA).

The stupid part is that my country of residence is not even there in the station menu, although it has more than one of these stations operational.