Mandriva decision delayed again (View original topic)



spinynorman

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

The fate of Mandriva is still in doubt. A final decision was expected on 23 January, but the deadline has now been extended to 27 January.

More at Ostatic.

spinynorman

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

More from the Mandriva Blog today:

Quote

Unfortunately, the bid proposed by the external entity has been refused by a minority shareholder and we cannot go for this solution. Fortunately, the financial situation – far better than expected – allow us to search for a new way to solve the current issue until mid-February. We’ll be able to count on the help of the Paris Region Economic Development Agency for this important move.

ianw1974

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

I think this minority share holder is a bit silly. I would have expected shareholders would accept funding to improve their financial position, rather than vetoing it, and possibly ending up with erm, nothing? :huh:

banjo

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

Has anybody heard any more about this? According to their blog ( last updated Jan 30 ) they were supposed to get an answer by mid-February.

Banjo
(_)=='=~

demonseth17

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Postbanjo, on 28 February 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Has anybody heard any more about this? According to their blog ( last updated Jan 30 ) they were supposed to get an answer by mid-February.

Banjo
(_)=='=~


I'm lost as well, at this point they still have the same post they had back in Jan 30th....somebody has heard anything?...

banjo

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Silence is not a good sign.

I am still getting tons of updates for the 2010.2 distro that I have installed on my machine, so I guess they are not totally gone yet. But no news is not necessarily good news in this case.

Banjo
(_)=='=~