Is YouTube supposed to lag in Mandriva 2010?

Guest LukeOX

I just got my first version of Linux yesterday, Mandriva obviously. When I go on YouTube and play videos, it takes me about 20 clicks to pause video or play them again. Does this happen to anyone else?

[moved from Other Linux Distros by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

I'm using Mandriva 2010 x86_64 with the 64 bit flash plugin, and I experience no problems with youtube.

As scarecrow says, please tell us which version you have, and whether 32 bit or 64 bit and a bit more about the problem.

I'm using Mandriva 2010 x86_64 with the 64 bit flash plugin, and I experience no problems with youtube.

As scarecrow says, please tell us which version you have, and whether 32 bit or 64 bit and a bit more about the problem.

I'm pretty sure its a 32 bit, my cousin loaded it on last night cause my Vista broke, so I'm new to Linux.

There could be a number of reasons for this, but try this first. Open Firefox, and then in the url bar type:

about:config

then filter for ipv6. There will be a key:

network.dns.disableIPv6 = false

double-click this so that it is set to "true". Then try youtube again and let us know. If not, then maybe system-wide ipv6 needs to be disabled. But one change at a time :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.