Can't access network - Mandriva 2010

Guest joelw135

Guest joelw135

I am a new user to Mandriva 2010. I have a network with four computers. Two Mac, one Mandriva 2010 and one Ubuntu 9.10. If I go to the Places menu and choose Network I see my network called WORKGROUP. If I click on it I get the following error "Unable to Mount Network location, Failed to retrieve share list from server," How do I correct this problem and regain access to my network and printers? :wall:

My Mac computers can see the Ubuntu Computer and the Ubuntu can see my mac. But the Mandriva computer is not seen by either Mac or Ubuntu. I am on the Internet with no problems.

The network is a wired network using a Buffalo router.

I don't know a lot about this, but I have an idea that may help. In MLCC (Configure Your Computer) there is a section called "Network Sharing". Maybe one of the tools there will do the job. If the printer needs to be configured separately look for the printer configuration tool in the Hardware section. If you don't see the printer configuration tool make sure you have this package installed: system-config-printer

Are you using DHCP or static IP's on the router?

If using static (which is always the simpler & cleaner solution):

Can you add to the Mandriva box the actual LAN IP's and computer names of the other LAN boxes? You must add them to the file /etc/hosts

Edited by scarecrow