Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Updated Kernel

#1 User is offline   FX 

• MUB Addict
  • Group: OTW

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:34 PM

Updated kernel with MCC. I have never updated with MCC before. I have wth synaptic and RH and this seems a little different.

Anyways I updated and when I tried to run gdesklets I got a "permission denied." In the terminal I opened it had my name in it, but when I run uname -a I get this,

Linux gamer 2.4.22-21mdk #1 Fri Oct 24 22:43:28 MDT 2003 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

Also my beginning boot screen has Linux, linus fail safe, windows, and the new kernel. I had already removed the old one.

Thanks for the hlep ahead of time.

FX
I'd be ripping my hair out if I had any.
Registered Linux User #322091

#2 User is offline   Ixthusdan 

• Platinum
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:02 AM

Check this out.
http://www.mandrakes...ernelupdate.php

Unless Mandrake has announced differently, update urpmi first ,and then urpmi kernel-xxx.xxx.rpm. I'm not sure how to proceed in your case, although using urpmi, and forcing it, might correct the new kernel installation. These are just guesses, things that I would try, but I am not afraid of rendering my machine useless for breif periods of time! :twisted:/>
The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion. Edmund Burke, 1784

#3 User is offline   FX 

• MUB Addict
  • Group: OTW

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:13 AM

Well if you only new how many time I have reinstalled Mandrake. From switching between RH9 and Mandrake, then Fedora and Mandrake. Now Im getting the "public release" or 9.2 and I am gonna install that.

Thanks for the response and I will save that page for future use, like when 2.6 comes out. :)/>

FX
I'd be ripping my hair out if I had any.
Registered Linux User #322091

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users