Audio control problem [solved]

SilverSurfer60

A rather annoying problem has arisen since installing 2010.0 which is rather odd.

The 'Master' & 'Pcm' controls reset to varying degrees of loudness depending on what is played. No matter where I set them they always return to some preset settings usually after the sound stops, regardless of the sound being played. I really am at a loss on this one, so if anyone has an idea I will be grateful for it.

Thank You.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

After more fault finding I discovered that the channel mapping seems to be at fault. I'm using kde with a via 8235 sound card by the way. Anyway all channels seem to be controlled by 'Master' & 'Pcm'. I tried a cd this morning and sure enough I had to adjust the 'pcm' slider to adjust the volume. I have tried disabling pulseaudio without any effect whatsoever.

Edited by SilverSurfer60

Sorted. I disabled pulseaudio again. This time using MCC and rebooted. When kde surfaced I got a dialog telling me that sound devices had been removed and gave me the option of configuring the sound devices. Took the option and found 6 devices listed instead of 1. Tested each device until I got desired result and applied. Rebooted and whoopee sound was as I left it. :thumbs:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.