KDE4.3.1 is now available

Greg2

Is anyone else having this problem?

warning: /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libkephal4-4.3.1-0.1mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID b195aef7
The following packages have bad signatures:
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libkephal4-4.3.1-0.1mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Invalid signature (NOT OK (no key): /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libkephal4-4.3.1-0.1mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID b195aef7)
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libqt4-devel-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libqtcore4-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libqtdbus4-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libqtgui4-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libqtsvg4-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libqtxml4-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/qt4-common-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/qt4-designer-plugin-phonon-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/qt4-designer-plugin-qt3support-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/qt4-designer-plugin-webkit-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/qt4-qtconfig-4.5.2-0.10mdv2009.1.i586.rpm: Missing signature (OK ((none)))

I started from scratch using

urpmi --clean

then

urpmi.update -a --force-key

still no joy.

This is the same problem with missing signatures on some mirrors that we had with KDE4.3.0. Simply use the

--no-verify-rpm

option with urpmi.

Thanks for this Greg2. I got it to work using the gui before seeing your reply.

• 3 weeks later...

I updated several days ago. Had a few issues, such as missing task bar. No real big problems though.

I have a buggy task bar though. I normally have it set to auto-hide, so I use my full screen. But on auto hide the task bar slides off the screen, when I put my mouse of the bottom of the screen I can see the blue haze where it tries to reappear, but it doesn't. I will eventually come up but may take over twenty tries! Oh, well, I have it set at show all times.

I'm loving the folder view, how it can browse into the contents of folders.

To use the full screen for your windows in KDE 4.X you don't have to autohide the panel. You can alter its properties and set it fullsize or centered, and tick the option to be covered by windows (from the "advanced" menu). When you hover the mouse over the panel area, it will appear on top.

Actually this thing is my main regression with XFCE4: There the panel cannot be covered by windows, either with XFWM4 or compiz-fusion window manager. You have to set the panel as "floating" to achieve that, but this has a couple of regressions.

To use the full screen for your windows in KDE 4.X you don't have to autohide the panel. You can alter its properties and set it fullsize or centered, and tick the option to be covered by windows (from the "advanced" menu). When you hover the mouse over the panel area, it will appear on top.

When I do this the windows cover the panel as suggested, but when I put the mouse at the bottom of the screen the panel still doesn't reappear. I either have to minimize the windows or "restore" them so they aren't full screen.

I'm guessing I have a plasma issue here. Oh well, Im not too worried.

I disabled compiz, panel works flawlessly. Not my ideal result, but it's ok.

I miss the function of pointing my mouse in the top corner and all open windows showing :(

Edit: A lovely guy in the #kde forum just told me to try the pointer in the top left corner, and all my windows appear...No need for compiz it seems.