LMule wont start

Guest iMonkey

Guest iMonkey

Hello, I have recently downloaded lmule to run on my linux box rather than having it run on windows.

I used the tar.gz package as there was not one for Mandrake. I installed wxGTK first which seemed to work without any problems and then I continued with lmule ./configure && make etc...

This seemed to work well also, although it did seem to take a while. I then proceeded to run lmule.desktop which I assumed is the correct way to launch the app, but when I do this a taskbar button appears as you'd expect but the hour glass ticks away for a while (on the taskbar button) and then it just disapears and nothing happens?

Could someone please point out what may be wrong here please! :wink:

Guest iMonkey

I had posted the smae message on a source forge forum for LMule and was told to use xMule instead. I compiled this and it seemed to work ok but when I tried to run it nothing happened, apart from the Hard Drive spinning up.

I then tried what you said above about running it from the terminal and with xMule I get the following error message:

/usr/bin/xmule: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Does this mean that when I ran the compile program it did not pick up libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0 properly? If so how would I go about getting it to pick it up?

I remember the rpm would not install becuase it needed the above so I went and found a different rpm which had this, so it should be installed?

Thank you, any further help would be appreciated! :oops:

Check to see if you installed the right dependency:

[root@omarserenity omar]# urpmf libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0

libwxPythonGTK2.4:/usr/lib/wxPython/lib/libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0

libwxPythonGTK2.4:/usr/lib/wxPython/lib/libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0.0.0

[root@omarserenity omar]# rpm -qa | grep libwxPythonGTK2.4

libwxPythonGTK2.4-2.4.1.2-3mdk

Guest iMonkey

I just got around to checking on this post again after looking at another site.

I solved the problem by finding out where libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0

Now when I type in xmule it seems to work fine!

Thanks for all your input though, I will make a note of your comments to use in future problems while troubleshooting! :P

I dont feel like such a linux n00b now!