ssh and remote control of mandrake

VeeDubb

I have my mandrake box set up as the internet gateway for all the computers in my house, but when I want to get online, I have to go into my office, open kppp and dial-up manualy. What I want to do is be able to logg onto my computer via ssh and establish my connection that way.

This posses 2 big problems for me.

1. when I try to log on, I am prompted for a password, but I have my mandrake box set up without passwords and simply pressing enter without a password does not work. How do I do this?

2. I have no idea how to establish a dial-up (ppp) conection from a terminal.

So, any help would be appreciated.

p.s. The remote system is also a linux box, but just not mandrake.

Is there any other way to deal with the password issue?? I REALY don't want to use a password for root OR myself. It REALY makes like more difficult and security is an absolute NON-issue on my system.

Also, for whatever reason, when mandrake set up my system, it never set up /dev/modem and I don't know how. I've just been manualy selcting ttys1 (my second serial port) when setting up connections and as far as I've seen, wvdial depends on /dev/modem to work.

Thanks

okay, nevermind my problem with /dev/modem, it's fixed.

New problem: Could somebody post a link to basic configuration of wvdial??? I've searched all over the place and found all sorts of cool things it can do but they all assume you already have the bas9ic config down and you want dial on demand or to run silently without a terminal open or whatever else.

None of them say how to enter a number, name and pass.