Rosegarden 1.7.3 rpm for Mandriva Linux 2008.1

tux99

Hi,

For anyone who cares, I have packaged up the latest version of Rosegarden (1.7.3), a great audio and MIDI sequencer application, for Mandriva Linux 2008.1.

It's available from my website at:

http://www.linuxtech.net/downloads/rosegar...ndriva_rpm.html

Any feedback about this rpm (positive and negative ;) ) is welcome!

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Edited by tux99

Just an aside to Lexicon.

Congratulations on you wonderful progress in English. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I have noted your posts from your very first one and you have battled on and involved yourself in lots of discussions.

I especially admire people like yourself since I can only cope with one language, my own English. :D

Cheers. John.

You have the kernel compiled with RealTime?. When you import from another program channels are badly broken down ....Lex

No I'm using the current standard kernel for 2008.1 (2.6.24.7-desktop-2mnb), as far as I know there is no need for realtime kernels anymore, that was only necessary with older kernels.

Maybe the MIDI files you tried were not in SMF (standard MIDI file http://www.midi.org/techspecs/smf.php ) format?

Else, you could report your problems to the Rosegarden programmers, I'm sure they will want to fix them, if something is broken.

(maybe provide them the MIDI files that didn't work for you).

Edited by tux99

ROSEGARDEN made enormous progress for some time. Jack does not want me to run. And I have a beautiful set of SoundFont. Profi sound card. Two cards. M-Audio and SBLive. To recording I use Ardour.

For now, suffice it to me. But to load SoundFont (180Mb) qsynth need. Yes, I look forward to a stable version of MDV 2009Spring and only start to work .... Lex

ROSEGARDEN made enormous progress for some time. Jack does not want me to run. And I have a beautiful set of SoundFont. Profi sound card. Two cards. M-Audio and SBLive. To recording I use Ardour.

For now, suffice it to me. But to load SoundFont (180Mb) qsynth need. Yes, I look forward to a stable version of MDV 2009Spring and only start to work .... Lex

I guess you refer to Cooker with the problems you are having, as both Jack and Rosegarden run fine on my 2008.1 install (Ardour too, but Ardour is for a different purpose, it's not a sequencer).

Is there no Qsynth available for cooker? I have that one here on 2008.1 too.

Ardour know what to serve.I need this programm. But I can not start Jack, even in the no-realtime. I have Qsynth for Cooker. I know, in earlier editions of MDV was easier to run Jackit. I have even kernel 2.6.11-multimedia for Mandriva, already compiled for use with work Jackit in realtime. I will have to compile the kernel to work with jackit

Edited by Lexicon