How Do I Change The MCNLive Users?

Guest Damage

Guest Damage

Ok guys & gals I apologize ahead of time if the answer to this has been posted else where, but I was unable to find it via board searches and google searches:

How do I change the user accounts in MCNLive? Basically I would like to remove the guest account, disable the automatic login and create my own user account. I can do most of this through the Mandriva configure your PC option, however after removing the guest account I get an error when I startup MCN the next time, probably because it is trying to automatically load the guest account which no longer exists. When I try to adjust the automatic login via the mandriva system option, I get the error that there is no bootloader installed, probably because it is running via usb and there is no bootloader on the HDD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest FlintH

Sorry, there is not enough details to answer of your question.

Can you specify some points:

1. This is MCNLive at USB flash?

2. MCNLive is running in persistent mode?

3. When you add a new user, is there a new user's name in /etc/passwd?

4. When you delete the user 'guest', is there no such user in /etc/passwd?

5. Please post here a content of your /etc/sysconfig/autologin

Really it's strange because i have successfully added custom user accounts (in addition, i have clone a guest profile to new account that to save customized KDE settings), and autologin is not enabled in original MCNLive by default.

Edited by FlintH

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.