Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quake 3 server config

#1 User is offline   static 

• Awesome
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:25 PM

Does this quake 3 script look right to you guys? I don't know how/when to use seta...
// Server.cfg

// Global Server Vars

seta sv_hostname "Den of Love" 

seta sv_maxclients 16 

seta g_motd "Welcome to the Void"

seta sv_pure 1

seta g_allowvote 1

seta rconpassword "password"

// Global Game Vars

seta g_quadfactor 2 

seta g_weaponrespawn 5

seta g_inactivity 300

seta g_forcerespawn 1

seta g_friendlyFire 0

seta bot_enable 1

seta g_teamForceBalance 1

seta g_doWarmup 8

// Local Game Vars

set d1 "g_gametype 0; fraglimit 15; timelimit  20; bot_minplayers 5; map q3dm5; set nextmap vstr d2"

set d2 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 8; timelimit 15; bot_minplayers 2; map q3ctf1; set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 5; timelimit 25; bot_minplayers 4; map q3ctf3; set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 8; timelimit 15; bot_minplayers 2; map q3ctf4; set nextmap vstr d5"

set d5 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 8; timelimit 20; bot_minplayers 4; map q3ctf5; set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1

Then to start the game I ssh to the server and type

cd /usr/local/games/quake3

screen ./q3ded +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 56 +exec server.cfg

Is that right?

#2 User is offline   Relic2K 

• Awesome

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:48 PM

Does this quake 3 script look right to you guys? I don't know how/when to use seta...
<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->// Server.cfg<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->// Global Server Vars<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta sv_hostname "Den of Love" <!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta sv_maxclients 16 <!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_motd "Welcome to the Void"<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta sv_pure 1<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_allowvote 1<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta rconpassword "password"<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->// Global Game Vars<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_quadfactor 2 <!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_weaponrespawn 5<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_inactivity 300<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_forcerespawn 1<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_friendlyFire 0<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta bot_enable 1<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_teamForceBalance 1<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->seta g_doWarmup 8<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->// Local Game Vars<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->set d1 "g_gametype 0; fraglimit 15; timelimit  20; bot_minplayers 5; map q3dm5; set nextmap vstr d2"<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->set d2 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 8; timelimit 15; bot_minplayers 2; map q3ctf1; set nextmap vstr d3"<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->set d3 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 5; timelimit 25; bot_minplayers 4; map q3ctf3; set nextmap vstr d4"<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->set d4 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 8; timelimit 15; bot_minplayers 2; map q3ctf4; set nextmap vstr d5"<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->set d5 "g_gametype 4; capturelimit 8; timelimit 20; bot_minplayers 4; map q3ctf5; set nextmap vstr d1"<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->vstr d1<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Then to start the game I ssh to the server and type

<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->cd /usr/local/games/quake3<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->screen ./q3ded +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 56 +exec server.cfg<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Is that right?

I have never run a dedicate Q3 server, but I can provide assistance on one thing, instead of typing out;

screen ./q3ded +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 56 +exec server.cfg

You can also make another script called q3ded and add all this to it, chmod 755 the script and just run the script:

#!/bin/sh
#My Quake 3 Dedicated startup script
./q3ded +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 56 +exec server.cfg
#End of Script
----------------------------
$chmod 755 q3ded
$./q3ded

And voila ...

You should be able to do a Google search and find some great Server Admin Sites. There are some for UT/UT2003, but I don't have any for Q3 right on hand for you. I hope the script idea makes life easier for you :)/>

#3 User is offline   static 

• Awesome

Posted 06 June 2003 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the thought (it's the thought that counts ;)/> ) but I had planned on that much. Scripts I find pretty easy, when they're only doing simple batch jobs. (aru is the king of massive end-all be-all scripts)

It's the config file I'm worried about 'cause like I said; I don't know when to use seta and when not to...

Thanks though...

#4 User is offline   Relic2K 

• Awesome

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the thought (it's the thought that counts ;)/> ) but I had planned on that much. Scripts I find pretty easy, when they're only doing simple batch jobs. (aru is the king of massive end-all be-all scripts)

It's the config file I'm worried about 'cause like I said; I don't know when to use seta and when not to...

Thanks though...

See Google is your friend :lol:/>

http://www.slackercentral.com/quake3/

#5 User is offline   static 

• Awesome

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:00 PM

Yeah but there's no one there to say if I did it right...

#6 User is offline   Relic2K 

• Awesome

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:47 AM

Yeah but there's no one there to say if I did it right...

Trial and error builds the better servers, if there is an error in you config, it should give some sort of error. This is how I did my Dedicated SS:TFE and SS:TSE servers. You are using it right from what I saw on the site. But you really won't know until you try it yourself by starting it and playing it.

#7 User is offline   static 

• Awesome

Posted 09 June 2003 - 01:26 AM

You're right... it seems OK so far. Thanks again!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users