Counter-Strike WineX

Guest BaDDaSS

Guest BaDDaSS

Hello.

I have sucessfully installed and configured WineX, and ive tested it with numberous applications - but the main reason i installed it was to play CS. Which i cannot do.

The setup.exe on the half-life disc will not open.

If i run Half-Life from my Windoze partition (/mnt/nt/Half-Life/hl.exe) it loads Half-Life but theres no sign of CS, and if i choose any menu option i just get a black screen and have to restart my PC.

I love Manrake, and can't wait to toally eradicate Windoze XP from my PC, but firstly i need CS working. :/

I have read many, many websites and tutorials- yet none help.

Someone in these forums said use Mandrake's Wine from the setup disks, i tried this but it was terrible - nothing loaded and console flashed "(null wine) infinatly.

Please help me get CS working again.

Cheers,

BaDDaSS

first off, to get to cs you have to send hl.exe some command line options. i have a friend who uses winex to run CS on his debian machine, i will try to get more information from him.

Hello.

I have sucessfully installed and configured WineX, and ive tested it with numberous applications - but the main reason i installed it was to play CS. Which i cannot do.

The setup.exe on the half-life disc will not open.

If i run Half-Life from my Windoze partition (/mnt/nt/Half-Life/hl.exe) it loads Half-Life but theres no sign of CS, and if i choose any menu option i just get a black screen and have to restart my PC.

I love Manrake, and can't wait to toally eradicate Windoze XP from my PC, but firstly i need CS working. :/

I have read many, many websites and tutorials- yet none help.

Someone in these forums said use Mandrake's Wine from the setup disks, i tried this but it was terrible - nothing loaded and console flashed "(null wine) infinatly.

Please help me get CS working again.

Cheers,

BaDDaSS

Use WineX 3 and the Point2Play, Op4 and HL are working fantastic now with the final release.

Guest arise

Be careful that Cheating Death supports (for now) ONLY wine, not winex ! You cannot play on internet servers that have CD enabled, using winex.

Against lame Pod-Bots i guess WineX does ok :P