Convert/Burn .mp4 to DVD

sglafata

I've checked Google and searched all kinds of documentation online, but it seems that they all show how to convert a video file to MP4 format. I have a MP4 file and want to convert it/burn it to DVD so that I may view it on my DVD player.

Does anybody know how I can accomplish this? Is there a need? Do DVD players recognize an MP4 file?

I'm familiar with converting an AVI to MPG and creating the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with their associated files. I am using Mandriva Linux 2007 on an AMD64 machine with 2GB RAM. Are there any specific programs that I may need? I have most video/audio RPMs installed.

Edited by sglafata

I use KDE application ManDVD, works with everything I`ve tried so far including mp4 and divx movies.

mandvd - DVD Video mastering software.? ?

ManDVD is a DVD Video mastering software. Features includes:

- Slideshow

- Animated background menus

Also DVDAuthor with QDVDAuthor as the GUI

'Q' DVD-Author is a GUI frontend for dvdauthor and related tools. The goal is to provide an easy-to-use, yet powerful and complete interface to generate DVD menus, slideshows, and videos to burn on a DVD under Linux.

Well... I tried your suggestions and it still won't work. I recently updated my ffmpeg and that may be part of the problem. I do get a ffmpeg error:

ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libavformat.so.51: undefined symbol: av_crc04C11DB7

So.... I'm planning on updating to Mandriva 2008 soon. Hopefully that will fix my problem. I'll keep you posted.

Ah... so you are using a 64-bit OS. You should have told us.

Some win32 codecs will simply NOT work properly (or at all) under x86_64 environment, even when using highly sophisticated 32-bit wrappers. Solution: Either install a 32-bit Linux, or do it under windows. When it comes to pure desktop usage, 64 bit operating systems are simply not there- yet. Maybe after one year or so, but definitely not yet.