MDK 9.1 on Dell Inspirion 3700

I'm trying to install mdk on my laptop. Install goes fine (even with 64MB ram memory), but i cannot choose to install packages from cd 2 and 3?!

What is the problem here? I use the same cd's as i used on my desktop, no probs what so ever.....

Any tips/hints/ideas are welcome.

did you complete the install? If so, you should now be able to install everything from those other discs from software management in the MCC. make sure it realizes you have all of the discs in (i think it's called) rpmdrake.

Edit: no it's not rpmdrake. it's "software sources manager." see my elaboration below.

I don't think the install asks what discs you have, but it may just say "put in disc 2 if you have it".

once installed, go to the Mandrake Control Panel -> Software Management -> Software Sources Manager. You can select or unselect the sources you want to use. I've never "added" a CD, but I'd guess if you put the CD in the drive, then pick "removable device" it'll just see disc 2.

alternately, if you're on a broadband connection and can't get the discs to work, you can add other sources to download packages form the internet. That could take a while if you want a lot of packages, but it'll help you with dependencies in the meantime if you only want a few packages.

Oh! now i see what you mean, well... If you can see the sources in dialog box but they just won't update, try updating it from the command line using this command:

urpmi.update -a

or if you have broadband try this site out:

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php

The problem is that in the sources manager only disc 1 shows up and i cant seem to put cd2 and cd3 in there....it wont update the sources from cd2 and 3.
This problem is independent of whether your pc is a laptop or not. I had the exact same problem with MCC (in LM9.1) when I tried to add another source for software updates. I suggest you apply the updates in http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisorie...e=MDKA-2003:004 and then check if things have improved. But this may be a chicken and egg problem if you try to update using MCC because you can't update if u can't add an update source. In case of such a problem, command-line is the only way out.