A problem with Kaffeine 0.8.3 compilation [solved]

Couldn't find a topic related to my problem, so I decided to start a new one.

The problem is I wanted to have newest version of xine possible, so I downloaded sources of 1.1.4. I was guided by instructions on the project's website. The configuration and later compilation processes ended without problems. Later I also added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig.

Then I wanted to compile the newest Kaffeine ver. 0.8.3. Unfortunatelly the compilation process process was terminated by an error

(...)kaffeine.cpp:278:5: warning: "KDE_IS_VERSION" is not defined
kaffeine.cpp:278:19: error: missing binary operator before token "("
kaffeine.cpp: In constructor ‘Kaffeine::Kaffeine()’:
kaffeine.cpp:225: error: incomplete type ‘KApplication’ used in nested name specifier
kaffeine.cpp: In member function ‘void Kaffeine::unloadCurrentPart()’:
kaffeine.cpp:325: error: ‘kapp’ was not declared in this scope
kaffeine.cpp:331: error: ‘kapp’ was not declared in this scope
kaffeine.cpp: In member function ‘void Kaffeine::slotLoadPart(const QString&)’:
kaffeine.cpp:433: error: ‘kapp’ was not declared in this scope
kaffeine.cpp:466: error: ‘kapp’ was not declared in this scope
kaffeine.cpp: At global scope:
kaffeine.cpp:780: warning: unused parameter ‘dir’
kaffeine.cpp: In member function ‘void Kaffeine::loadConfig()’:
kaffeine.cpp:809: error: ‘kapp’ was not declared in this scope
kaffeine.cpp: In member function ‘void Kaffeine::saveConfig()’:
kaffeine.cpp:876: error: ‘kapp’ was not declared in this scope
kaffeine.cpp: In member function ‘void Kaffeine::slotQuit()’:
kaffeine.cpp:1577: error: incomplete type ‘KApplication’ used in nested name specifier
kaffeine.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Kaffeine::closeEvent(QCloseEvent*)’:
kaffeine.cpp:1582: error: ‘kapp’ was not declared in this scope
kaffeine.cpp: At global scope:
kaffeine.cpp:1895: warning: unused parameter ‘name’
kaffeine.cpp:1895: warning: unused parameter ‘channel’
kaffeine.cpp:1895: warning: unused parameter ‘datetime’
kaffeine.cpp:1895: warning: unused parameter ‘duration’
kaffeine.cpp:1904: warning: unused parameter ‘device’
make[4]: *** [kaffeine.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving folder `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/kaffeine-0.8.3/kaffeine/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving folder  `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/kaffeine-0.8.3/kaffeine/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving folder  `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/kaffeine-0.8.3/kaffeine'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving folder  `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/kaffeine-0.8.3'
make: *** [all] B??d 2

Any help would be appreciated :)

Guest scholle

Hi zibi,

you wrote:

The problem is I wanted to have newest version of xine possible, so I downloaded sources of 1.1.4. I was guided by instructions on the project's website.

With kaffeine I don't know, but I wouldn't advise to build xine by yourself. It's much more work than worth it,

especially as there are up to date binary packages (daily builts) for Mandriva available:

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/

You can find a cpu specific 1.1.5 version here.

The configuration and later compilation processes ended without problems. Later I also added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig.

I found out the sequence of entries in ld.so.conf is important! When using local library implementations,

you should put them first. Obviously the first hit is used to resolve dependencies, which may not contain your intended path and then...

Then I wanted to compile the newest Kaffeine ver. 0.8.3. Unfortunatelly the compilation process process was terminated by an error

(...)kaffeine.cpp:278:5: warning: "KDE_IS_VERSION" is not defined

You should also check devel type libraries for KDE (names should be like libkde... or kde...-devel...) - just know for GNOME myself. When compiling, configure scripts sometimes find normal (runtime) libraries, but not full source with headers etc. of required stuff and do not break until you begin actual compiling.

HTH,

scholle

Thx much for Your reply scholle. In the future I will remember to use rpms from web site, the address to which You gave.

Now I have another problem. Because I had to reinstall my Mandriva (some filesystem issues), I'm again compiling Kaffeine :P It uses GStreamer (0.8.10 according to readme file), and my problem is related with it. I got this error

(...)/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcoregrind
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libgstreamer-0.8.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving folder `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/gstreamer-0.8.10/gst'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving folder  `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/gstreamer-0.8.10/gst'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving folder  `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/gstreamer-0.8.10/gst'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving folder  `/home/zibi1981/Pobieranie/AudioWideo/gstreamer-0.8.10'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?

I believe gstreamer looks for valgrind, and will use it 'if' it's available. If you have valgrind installed and you still have this problem do:

./configure --disable-valgrind

if that causes configure to look for xine-lib (and you want to use gsteamer), you could try to edit the makefile (made without --disable-valgrind) with:

CONFIG_ARGS +=  --disable-valgrind

Thx for Your response guys. I finally managed to compile Kaffeine using a rpm of xin-lib. Everything went fine, so my problem is solved for now. However I will remember in future to check if "the valgrind issue" is involved.

P.S. On the other hand I didn't succed in making GStreamer visible to Kaffeine.