DriveImage

Lando

Did you run "sysprep" on the windows installation before imaging?

It's documented on the DriveImage manual...

Plus that the last good version of DriveImage for me is version 5, which might or might not work with your new hardware- I wouldn't care at all about newer versions.

I cannot find "sysprep".

Anyway the device address have to be C ,mandatory , where the system is installed on ?

Sorry , I'm talking of DriveImage XML .....not of DriveImage Power Quest .

Edited by Lando

ntldr missing can normally be because of a problem with the boot.ini stored in the root of the windows partition, normally c:\boot.ini if the partition hasn't been changed in terms of location, etc.

If you have changed the position of the partition, in terms of the disk, eg, it's not the first on the disk, you need to edit this file so that it knows where to look correctly.

ntldr missing can normally be because of a problem with the boot.ini stored in the root of the windows partition, normally c:\boot.ini if the partition hasn't been changed in terms of location, etc.

If you have changed the position of the partition, in terms of the disk, eg, it's not the first on the disk, you need to edit this file so that it knows where to look correctly.

DriveImage XML works fine if I copy from C drive to the first partition of a second H.D.

then I boot from this clone.

If I copy to another primary partition of the same H.D.and change boot.ini to point to partition 2 (for example) and add its entry to lilo bootloader....I can boot it but with

some problems....I think in Windows the C address letter is in many places...registry entries...page files (in fact still it point to the page of WindowsXP cloned)

There is this possibility to have two Windows using lilo ?

Partition Magic can move partitions, and goes through the whole registry changing the drive letter.

This is better than using DriveImage or other cloning apps, especially when you're moving to a completely different partition with drive letter changes.

Partition Magic can move partitions, and goes through the whole registry changing the drive letter.

This is better than using DriveImage or other cloning apps, especially when you're moving to a completely different partition with drive letter changes.

Yes,......but why lilo documentations in linux environment show many Windows partitions enties ? ( only Partition Magic can help ?)

I don't understand what you're trying to say?

You said that there are problems with drive letters in the registry. If you're moving Windows from one partition to another, then you should use Partition Magic, so that anything that relates from C: and changes to D: will be updated so that Windows will work normally.

This has nothing to do with lilo.

I don't understand what you're trying to say?

You said that there are problems with drive letters in the registry. If you're moving Windows from one partition to another, then you should use Partition Magic, so that anything that relates from C: and changes to D: will be updated so that Windows will work normally.

This has nothing to do with lilo.

Yes.I was only looking for another freeware product (Partition Magic has to be paied ...)