New kde-3.5.4 released

mmodem

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to provide a later version of Kopete?

Under existing user I cannot add any new styles.

I created a new Linux User and Kopete still did not allow adding new styles.

On my laptop running Kubuntu w/Kopete 0.12 it works fine but not on my desktop running Mandriva 2006 w/Kopete 0.11 from MDE.

Would it be possible to provide a later version of Kopete?

Of course like it was done in past (adding a more update kopete version than the one from the branch)

Under existing user I cannot add any new styles.

I created a new Linux User and Kopete still did not allow adding new styles.

On my laptop running Kubuntu w/Kopete 0.12 it works fine but not on my desktop running Mandriva 2006 w/Kopete 0.11 from MDE.

I did a new kdenetwrok release kdenetwork-3.5.4-2.mdk2006.0.mde in wich i put kopete-0.12.1 but in this version still was existing a very annoying bug regarding icq (read http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=130630), but i saw today that there is a new kopete-0.12.2 that haves all that resolved and im building it now.

NOTE: first i use to build rpms for x86_64 and then for x86, so maybe tomorrow x86 can be all uploaded :)

kind regards,

Edited by mmodem

Thanks mmodem! :)

Also, I noticed there appears to be plenty of mention on the net (Google searches) regarding PyQT issues. Mostly appears to be regarding PyQT and HP-Toolbox, however I've also noticed an issue with SuperKaramba/Liquidweather++ and PyQT. PyQT is installed, yet LiquidWeather++ still complains that it is missing. I'm currently trying to look into how I can write a short script in Python to test if the QT bindings are there and to rule out a problem with LiquidWeather itself. Here is what I have so far. I've tried to access the python script in liquid weather++ which I think launches the QT GUI, so far no luck on either distro, but it is worse on Mandriva/MDE due to errors. As a result I cannot access the configuration options in LiquidWeather.

$ python lwp_config.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "lwp_config.py", line 11, in ?

from qt import *

ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/qt.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK13QWindowsStyle9classNameEv

$ ls -la /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/qt.so

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6240156 Mar 7 2005 /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/qt.so*

Thanks mmodem! :)

Also, I noticed there appears to be plenty of mention on the net (Google searches) regarding PyQT issues. Mostly appears to be regarding PyQT and HP-Toolbox, however I've also noticed an issue with SuperKaramba/Liquidweather++ and PyQT. PyQT is installed, yet LiquidWeather++ still complains that it is missing. I'm currently trying to look into how I can write a short script in Python to test if the QT bindings are there and to rule out a problem with LiquidWeather itself. Here is what I have so far. I've tried to access the python script in liquid weather++ which I think launches the QT GUI, so far no luck on either distro, but it is worse on Mandriva/MDE due to errors. As a result I cannot access the configuration options in LiquidWeather.

$ python lwp_config.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "lwp_config.py", line 11, in ?

from qt import *

ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/qt.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK13QWindowsStyle9classNameEv

i Dont know what PyQt you have installed but the one you have installed needs to be rebuild since that is a typical error message showing that was built against some you dont have in your system, but of course only with this info isnt possible to me more accurate.

Name: PyQt

Version: 3.14.1-1mdk

Architecture: i586

Size: 9301 KB

Medium: Main

Currently installed version: (none)

I uninstalled PyQT, same version as above, and reinstalled it, same results.