• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your First Love?

#46 User is offline   ffi 

• Mandriva Guru
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

My first Linux I tried was Knoppix 3.xx, I was pretty impressed with it, it looked really nice and fully featured, later I tried Mandriva 10.2 but as I couldn't get my USB ADSL modem to work, I dropped Linux. Last fall I thought my modem had died and bought an ethernet gateway router and when I gor bored a few weeks ago I tried installing Mandriva 10.2 again and here I am. The first *NIX I tried however where SGI Indies back in the days when Jurassic Park was still the hottest thing in CGI.

But my first real computer love was my Amiga 500 (and later 1200) after Amiga died it took me literally years before I could set myself to using Windows because even Win XP can sometimes look primitive compared to an ancient Amiga.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
Thomas Jefferson

#47 User is offline   Shayner 

• New Here
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

Mandrake 10.1, first ive ever used....

#48 User is offline   knoba 

• New Here
  • Group: OTW

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:02 PM

Mandrake 7.2 (still got all the install pack) I always knew i would go for Mandrake but didnt commit proper until 10.0
Our existence is justified.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users