audioconvert! the new super script!

Guest thetroublemaker

Guest thetroublemaker

hi gals, hi dudes! :)

this is my first post to this forum! :) i hope it's the right section! :)

i just made a script that converts audio files from wav, ogg, mp3, mpc, flac, ape or wma into wav, ogg, mp3, mpc, flac or ape! all with a right click of the mouse! that is, if you're usin' nautilus or rox. it was designed for nautilus, but it also works on rox, and of course as a standalone bash script. it uses zenity to show progress bars and ask questions :)

this is the freshmeat link: http://freshmeat.net/projects/audio-convert/ there you will find the latest version, the cvs version, and the link to the homepage!

please test it and give me feedback on the homepage on how it works, point me out bugs, make suggestions on how to improve it, and please test it on fluxbox and such, to see if it can be installed as a file manager script there, too!

there is a documentation file in the cvs version :) i hope you mandrake users can enjoy this as all the rest of us! :)

aac support comin' soon!

uh, by the way. if someone wants to help me out with more translation, you're more than welcome to do so! you can either post'em here or in the savannah homepage as a patch! or send'em to me by email! by the way, don't forget to tell me your email address and possibly your name, or at least your nickname, so i'll put you in the changelog! :)

i already have italian, english, brazilian portuguese, and i need someone to complete french. all the other translations are more than welcome! :)

ciao! :)

edo

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Guest thetroublemaker

version 0.2 has come out! :) visit http://freshmeat.net/projects/audio-convert/ to download it!

many new features, includin': it's now a lot easier to convert large groups of files. for instance, at the very beginnin' a question asks if we want to edit the metatags for each file or not, so we can say no and let the files convert. right after that, quality of compression is only asked once, before compressions take place, and it's used for all the group of files.

there still is a question askin' for each file if we want to convert it or not, but i think i'll make it optional in 0.2.1, so convertin' large groups of files will then become a snap of fingers! :)

dutch, french, to be completed, and brazilian portuguese translations added. german translation comin' soon! :)

please give me a lot of feedback! :)

ciao! :)

edo