Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winny & Wine

#1 User is offline   Lowe 

• o.O
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:19 AM

Well im trying to get winny working on linux, with wine i have tried for ages and ages, it really is a great app for a lot of japanese music in ape and flac formats so it would be great to get it working.

First problem i can get it to start but it starts with all the squares etc so can someone tell me how to run something in wine so it shows teh japanese? also the huge list of errors is annoying and will only slow my computer down in the long run, so hopefully we can iron these out. I shall attach a screenshot of it running and a txt file with all the errors.

This is a must needed app, i may have to buy a cheap pc just to run this *sigh* Thank you for any help, also if anyone would like winny to try and get it working them self just say.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   a13x 

• Awesome
  • Group: OTW

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

I dunno much about making things work with Wine but all I can say to you is that Wine sucks. You'd better get Cedega or something else. I never managed to make Wine work so I switched to Cedega which is far better but not quite good, yet (it has some limitations).

The thing is Cedega is not quite free software ... so you'll have to register for 3 months at www.transgaming.com to download it.
Posted Image Gentoo ~x86 Kernel 2.6.12-rc2-love1 NPTL GCC 3.4.3 Reiser4 KDE 3.4 Desktop with Project Utopia

Knowledge is power, wisdom is invincibility.

#3 User is offline   Lowe 

• o.O

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:59 AM

Well i could get cedega off someone if you know what i mean. And i totally agree wine sucks but..

#4 User is offline   devries 

• paashaas

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:05 AM

Wine is not so bad. :)/> To get Wine to use Japanese fonts just copy them to 'fake_windows/Windows/Fonts'. (If you on't have a Fonts folder create it)

What errors are you getting?

#5 User is offline   Lowe 

• o.O

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:43 AM

I attached the errors in the text file in my first post.

#6 User is offline   Marvel 

• New Here

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:32 AM

For Winny i've also tried to get it to run under Linux but i didn;t get to work either, so i say search for some japanese BT sites or stay on your Winblows box :P/>

#7 User is offline   Lowe 

• o.O

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:45 AM

I have no problems finding japanese music on BT, but there is never any in ape/flac formats, also very rare to see any hentai game music on BT. I won't be going back to winblows, ever again, even though i will miss winny. :sad:/>

#8 User is offline   Marvel 

• New Here

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:43 AM

Hmm... winblows has its good sides, the huge program compactability. So you can use a dual boot as a option ;)/>

This post has been edited by Marvel: 14 September 2004 - 11:44 AM

#9 User is offline   Lowe 

• o.O

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:14 PM

Nah i don't like dual booting, besides it's a case of this. Log into xp, wait like 10 mins for everything to start up OMG SO SLOW! Then when it finally starts up, missing DLL! missing left nut! it's a total mess i keep out of there.

#10 User is offline   devries 

• paashaas

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:16 PM

I'm not really a wine expert but try using native dlls for the ones that generate errors. Just copy them from a windows98 install to fake_windows/Windows/System and edit the config (in .wine).

Btw, you can associate an exe file with wine. Then you can open it with double-click :)/>

Good luck

#11 User is offline   Lowe 

• o.O

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

I don't see no fake_windows/Windows/ where is it i can't find it, or would i need to create that myself if so where?

#12 User is offline   devries 

• paashaas

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:46 AM

Look in your $HOME/.wine folder. Else do (as root) updatedb and (as normal user) locate fake_windows, or locate System etc etc)

#13 User is offline   smurfy 

• Wine is not a 4- letter word

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:35 PM

Hi. While you're at it, could you post the content of your .wine/config file. It looks from those errors that this could be solved by a little tweaking of the config.

#14 Guest_supers_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:49 PM

I used the wine config from

WIKILinux

And it works here.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users