Netgear MA101 USB Wireless Adapter on Mandrake 9.0?

Guest jonlim

Hiya,

I have a Netgear MA101 USB wireless adapter and have been using it without any problems on my WinXP computer. I've recently been interested enough in Linux to give it a try and install it on my PC.

Mandrake 9.0 installed and worked like a charm, except for the Netgear MA101 USB device. I found drivers for the chipset at http://mckinney.co.nz/wireless/binary.htmlbut have been unsuccessful in following the compilation instructions.

Has anyone been able to get the Netgear MA101 USB installed for Mandrake 9.0? I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,

Jon

I don't have any wireless stuff but everything seems really well explained on your link.

I can help you .. where is the problem? What do you don't understand in the procedure?

Why did you link to the binaries instead of the GPL driver ?

Finally, the link you gave doesn't work because you included the 'BUT' into it. It should be http://mckinney.co.nz/wireless/binary.html

MOttS

Hi MottS,

The problem is probably the newbieness on my part of Linux in general. I've been successful in using RPMs and straighforward tar files but I am somewhat lost when the makefiles come up with errors.

Yes, sorry for the link to the binary... I linked the first thing I saw on google. The better link is probably this.... http://mckinney.co.nz/wireless/

Anyway, for the problem.... I followed the instructions until "make install" which had some compile errors. I'll post the exact error I got when I get back in at my desk but if I remember right, it looked like it didn't like the way a library was linked or referenced during the compile. This was about the time I got lost and the succeeding steps did not work properly.

More when I get the actual error message... Thanks!

Hi MottS,

I did su to root when doing the make install. Sorry for the long post but below is the error log I got. Can you help me figure out what I need to do?

Thanks,

Jon

-------------------------------------------------

find -name '*.o' -o -name '*.map' |xargs rm -f

Building src/usb src/apps/cmd_line

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

for i in rfmdD r505D; do make $i; done

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

make final CFLAGS:='-D__KERNEL__ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -I/include -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb -Wall -DRFMD -DUSBDBG' MODULE:='usbvnetr.o'

gcc -D__KERNEL__ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -I/include -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb -Wall -DRFMD -DUSBDBG -c -o callbacks.o callbacks.c

In file included from /usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:13,

from /usr/include/linux/list.h:6,

from /usr/include/linux/wait.h:14,

from /usr/include/linux/fs.h:11,

from /usr/include/linux/capability.h:17,

from /usr/include/linux/binfmts.h:6,

from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:8,

from /home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb/vnetusba.h:24,

from callbacks.c:22:

/usr/include/asm/processor.h:55: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/asm/processor.h:55: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb/vnetusba.h:28,

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:165: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:165: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,

from /usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:45,

from /usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:448,

from /home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb/vnetusba.h:28,

/usr/include/linux/irq.h:65: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/irq.h:65: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:45,

/usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:16: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:16: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:448,

/usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:128: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:128: requested alignment is not a constant

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:497: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:497: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/linux/usb.h:136,

from /home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb/vnetusba.h:31,

/usr/include/linux/version.h:2:2: #error "======================================================="

/usr/include/linux/version.h:3:2: #error "You should not include /usr/include/{linux,asm}/ header"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:4:2: #error "files directly for the compilation of kernel modules."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:5:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:6:2: #error "glibc now uses kernel header files from a well-defined"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:7:2: #error "working kernel version (as recommended by Linus Torvalds)"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:8:2: #error "These files are glibc internal and may not match the"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:9:2: #error "currently running kernel. They should only be"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:10:2: #error "included via other system header files - user space"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:11:2: #error "programs should not directly include <linux/*.h> or"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:12:2: #error "<asm/*.h> as well."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:13:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:14:2: #error "To build kernel modules please do the following:"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:15:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:16:2: #error " o Have the kernel sources installed"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:17:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:18:2: #error " o Make sure that the symbolic link"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:19:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build exists and points to"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:20:2: #error " the matching kernel source directory"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:21:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:22:2: #error " o Now copy /boot/vmlinuz.version.h to"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:23:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/linux/version.h"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:24:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:25:2: #error " o When compiling, make sure to use the following"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:26:2: #error " compiler option to use the correct include files:"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:27:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:28:2: #error " -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:29:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:30:2: #error " instead of"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:31:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:32:2: #error " -I/usr/include/linux"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:33:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:34:2: #error " Please adjust the Makefile accordingly."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:35:2: #error "======================================================="

callbacks.c: In function `GetCmd_callback':

callbacks.c:127: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:138: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:160: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:180: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:190: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:195: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:254: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:262: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:266: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `ctrl_callback':

callbacks.c:319: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:328: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:344: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:403: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:454: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:460: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:464: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:486: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:520: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:588: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:597: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:610: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:612: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `RxCallback':

callbacks.c:656: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:690: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:717: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `TxOkCB':

callbacks.c:729: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `DFUCallbacks':

callbacks.c:807: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:893: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:901: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:903: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

make[3]: *** [callbacks.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** [rfmdD] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

make final CFLAGS:='-D__KERNEL__ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -I/include -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb -Wall -DR505 -DUSBDBG' MODULE:='usbvnet5.o'

gcc -D__KERNEL__ -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -I/include -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb -Wall -DR505 -DUSBDBG -c -o callbacks.o callbacks.c

In file included from /usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:13,

from /usr/include/linux/list.h:6,

from /usr/include/linux/wait.h:14,

from /usr/include/linux/fs.h:11,

from /usr/include/linux/capability.h:17,

from /usr/include/linux/binfmts.h:6,

from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:8,

from /home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb/vnetusba.h:24,

/usr/include/asm/processor.h:55: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/asm/processor.h:55: requested alignment is not a constant

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:165: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:165: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,

from /usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:45,

/usr/include/linux/irq.h:65: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/irq.h:65: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:45,

/usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:16: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:16: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:448,

/usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:128: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:128: requested alignment is not a constant

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:497: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)

/usr/include/linux/netdevice.h:497: requested alignment is not a constant

In file included from /usr/include/linux/usb.h:136,

from /home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes/usb/vnetusba.h:31,

/usr/include/linux/version.h:2:2: #error "======================================================="

/usr/include/linux/version.h:3:2: #error "You should not include /usr/include/{linux,asm}/ header"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:4:2: #error "files directly for the compilation of kernel modules."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:5:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:6:2: #error "glibc now uses kernel header files from a well-defined"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:7:2: #error "working kernel version (as recommended by Linus Torvalds)"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:8:2: #error "These files are glibc internal and may not match the"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:9:2: #error "currently running kernel. They should only be"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:10:2: #error "included via other system header files - user space"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:11:2: #error "programs should not directly include <linux/*.h> or"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:12:2: #error "<asm/*.h> as well."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:13:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:14:2: #error "To build kernel modules please do the following:"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:15:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:16:2: #error " o Have the kernel sources installed"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:17:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:18:2: #error " o Make sure that the symbolic link"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:19:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build exists and points to"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:20:2: #error " the matching kernel source directory"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:21:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:22:2: #error " o Now copy /boot/vmlinuz.version.h to"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:23:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/linux/version.h"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:24:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:25:2: #error " o When compiling, make sure to use the following"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:26:2: #error " compiler option to use the correct include files:"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:27:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:28:2: #error " -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:29:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:30:2: #error " instead of"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:31:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:32:2: #error " -I/usr/include/linux"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:33:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:34:2: #error " Please adjust the Makefile accordingly."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:35:2: #error "======================================================="

callbacks.c: In function `GetCmd_callback':

callbacks.c:127: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:138: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:160: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:180: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:190: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:195: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:254: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:262: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:266: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `ctrl_callback':

callbacks.c:319: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:328: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:348: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:403: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:454: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:460: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:464: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:486: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:520: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:588: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:597: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:610: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:612: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `RxCallback':

callbacks.c:656: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:690: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:717: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `TxOkCB':

callbacks.c:729: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c: In function `DFUCallbacks':

callbacks.c:807: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:893: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:901: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

callbacks.c:903: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

make[3]: *** [callbacks.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** [r505D] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/usb'

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/apps/cmd_line'

gcc -DATMEL -O2 -g -I/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/includes -o lvnet -lncurses cofvnet.c sets.c bootcnf.c

cofvnet.c:21:21: ncurses.h: No such file or directory

cofvnet.c:23:18: menu.h: No such file or directory

In file included from vnet.h:145,

from cofvnet.c:24:

stdinclude.h:56: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:57: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:58: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:59: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:72: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:73: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:74: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:75: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:75: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

stdinclude.h:76: parse error before '*' token

stdinclude.h:76: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

stdinclude.h:77: parse error before '*' token

In file included from cofvnet.c:24:

vnet.h:147:21: ncurses.h: No such file or directory

cofvnet.c:31: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c:31: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

cofvnet.c:32: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c:32: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

cofvnet.c:33: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c:33: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

cofvnet.c:34: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c:34: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

cofvnet.c:35: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c:35: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

cofvnet.c: In function `read_ioctls_wlan':

cofvnet.c:62: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:62: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

cofvnet.c:62: for each function it appears in.)

cofvnet.c:70: `KEY_UP' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:76: `KEY_DOWN' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c: In function `WEP_KEY_CONV':

cofvnet.c:149: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:149: `wep_key_val' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:159: `ACS_HLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:160: `COLOR_BLUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:160: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:161: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c: At top level:

cofvnet.c:267: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `Print_Stats':

cofvnet.c:275: `ACS_HLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:278: `pStatistics' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:287: `pAppInfo' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:363: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:363: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:380: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `Print_Wep_Stats':

cofvnet.c:385: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:386: `ACS_HLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:390: `pWepInfo' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:420: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:420: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:497: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `DisplayDriverState':

cofvnet.c:499: `StatusCode' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:499: `mode' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:579: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `DisplayErrorMsg':

cofvnet.c:581: `StatusCode' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c: In function `main':

cofvnet.c:694: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:694: `menu_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:718: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

cofvnet.c:742: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:742: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:743: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:780: `COLOR_BLUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:857: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:858: `stdscr' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:867: `COLOR_YELLOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:896: `KEY_LEFT' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:902: `KEY_RIGHT' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:920: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

cofvnet.c:988: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `print_menu':

cofvnet.c:993: `menu_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:996: `highlight' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:997: `A_REVERSE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:997: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1007: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `create_newwin':

cofvnet.c:1009: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1009: `local_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1021: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `create_inputwin':

cofvnet.c:1023: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1023: `local_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1034: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `destroy_win':

cofvnet.c:1036: `local_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1040: parse error before '*' token

cofvnet.c: In function `print_my_menu':

cofvnet.c:1045: `my_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1046: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1050: `ACS_HLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)

cofvnet.c:1055: `A_REVERSE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:21:21: ncurses.h: No such file or directory

from sets.c:22:

In file included from sets.c:22:

sets.c:23: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:23: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:24: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:24: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:25: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:25: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:26: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:26: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:27: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:27: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:28: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:28: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:29: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:29: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:30: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:30: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:31: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:31: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:32: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:32: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:33: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:33: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:34: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:34: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:35: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:35: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:36: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:36: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c:37: parse error before '*' token

sets.c:37: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

sets.c: In function `Set_ESSID':

sets.c:55: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:55: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

sets.c:55: for each function it appears in.)

sets.c:55: `error10_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:65: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:65: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:67: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:77: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:84: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:89: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_Channel':

sets.c:167: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

sets.c:172: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:172: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:173: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:189: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:199: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:204: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_IntR':

sets.c:298: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:298: `error11_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:307: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:307: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:308: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:317: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:327: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:332: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_TxRate':

sets.c:401: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:401: `error1_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:409: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:409: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:410: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:420: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:430: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:433: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_OpMode':

sets.c:520: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:520: `error2_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:528: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:528: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:529: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:539: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:549: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:552: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_Preamble':

sets.c:640: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:640: `error3_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:648: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:648: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:649: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:658: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:668: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:673: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_FragT':

sets.c:752: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:752: `error4_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:760: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:760: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:761: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:770: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:780: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:785: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_RtsT':

sets.c:883: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:883: `error5_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:891: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:891: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:892: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:901: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:911: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:916: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `WepDlg':

sets.c:1027: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1037: `KEY_UP' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1043: `KEY_DOWN' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_Enc_Wep':

sets.c:1105: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1105: `error9_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1113: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1113: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1114: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1124: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1134: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:1139: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_Wep_Value':

sets.c:1214: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1214: `error6_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1224: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1224: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1225: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1242: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1252: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:1257: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_Wep_Mode':

sets.c:1355: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1355: `error7_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1363: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1363: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1364: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1372: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1382: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:1387: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: In function `Set_Auth_Wep':

sets.c:1472: `WINDOW' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1472: `error8_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1480: `COLOR_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1480: `COLOR_BLACK' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1481: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1489: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1499: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

sets.c:1504: `KEY_BACKSPACE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c: At top level:

sets.c:1586: parse error before '*' token

sets.c: In function `print_wep_menu':

sets.c:1592: `A_BOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1596: `ACS_HLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)

sets.c:1600: `A_REVERSE' undeclared (first use in this function)

bootcnf.c:21:21: ncurses.h: No such file or directory

from bootcnf.c:22:

In file included from bootcnf.c:22:

make[1]: *** [all] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jon/atmelwlandriver/src/apps/cmd_line'

make: *** [all] Error 2

I didn' read the whole thing because of the following:

#error "To build kernel modules please do the following:"

#error ""

#error " o Have the kernel sources installed"

Did you installed the Kernel Source? If not you can install it from the cds by openning rpmdrake and make a search for 'kernel'. Install the following package along with its dependencies (it's like 160 Megs):

kernel-source-2.4.19-16mkd

BTW, did you get the above error with the 'make' or the 'make install' or the './configure' ? .. because you can't do 'make install' if you got error in the previous steps. Usually the steps to compile are the following:

./configure -> if you get errors you can't go further more unless you install what is missing

make 

make install

Did you read the whole README file and INSTALL files? What did you do so far?

MOttS

Hi MOttS,

I'll look into the Kernel source when I get back to my PC. As for when I got this error, I got it when I did the "make install" step. Prior to this was "make config" which did not have an error.

Anyway, more when I check on the kernel source.

Jon

Hi, MOttS. Installing the kernel source did help a bit. :oops: However, something is still not working right. Here are the screen outputs from doing the installations:

I have a NetGear MA101 Rev. B. Settings should be:

FCCID: PD5LMWU300

VID: 0x0864

PID: 0x4102

MAC: AT76C503A

RADIO: RFMD

1. "make config" output: http://63.136.84.59/jon/makeconfig.txt

2. "make install" output: http://63.136.84.59/jon/makeinstall.txt

3. "depmod -a" output: http://63.136.84.59/jon/depmoda.txt

4. "dmesg" output: http://63.136.84.59/jon/dmesg.txt

From the "dmesg" output, it seems that the usb adapter was not initialized or registered. ifconfig or iwconfig doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas? I read the man files of dmesg and depmod but I'm a bit lost at this point.

Jon

HI jonlim. You still have the newly linux installation syndrome.. .ie, you still need to install packages to compile apps. Don't worry, once they'll all be installed, you'll even be able to compile the Linux kernel :lol:

1) From 'make config' you get the following error that may cause you problems in subsequent steps

You have to install the xforms library in order to use the xvnet application

Finished. Now run make install

So I ran the following command:

[root@localhost pcbit]# urpmf xform

howto-html-en:/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/HTML/en/HOWTO/SCSI-Generic-HOWTO/g_xform.html

howto-html-en:/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/HTML/en/HOWTO/SCSI-Generic-HOWTO/s_xform.html

howto-html-en:/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/HTML/en/SCSI-Generic-HOWTO/g_xform.html

howto-html-en:/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/HTML/en/SCSI-Generic-HOWTO/s_xform.html

libqt3-devel:/usr/share/doc/qt-3.0.5/doc/html/xform-example.html

libgtkhtml2_0-devel:/usr/include/gtkhtml-2.0/libgtkhtml/layout/html/htmlboxform.h

kernel-source:/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-16mdk/net/ipsec/ipsec_xform.c

kernel-source:/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-16mdk/net/ipsec/ipsec_xform.h

xforms:/usr/X11R6/bin/fd2ps

xforms:/usr/X11R6/bin/fdesign

libqt3-devel:/usr/share/doc/qt-3.0.5/doc/html/xform-example.html

NOTE: urpmf finds the RPM package providing the specified file. (from man urpmf)

So you should install the XFORM package and its dependencies. This is on your mandrake cds so install it via the Software Installer GUI or type as root 'urpmi xform'.

2) For 'make install' you get LOTS of _FUNCTION_ errors. I searched Google a bit for that and I _think_ those warnings can be ignore. I'm not 100% sure here so you may research a bit more yourself. The remaining of the file seems ok.

3) For 'depmod -a', they talk about that on the site. Here is step 8:

8. run: depmod -a (either ignore any errors/warnings, or see here for a patch which may fix this)

So you can see the step to apply the patch as well as a link to the patch here -> http://mckinney.co.nz/wireless/patch.html

4) For 'dmesg':

Here is what is interesting (for what you are doing)

usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs

usb.c: registered new driver hub

usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.275 $ time 18:49:04 Sep 20 2002

usb-uhci.c: High bandwidth mode enabled

usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xe400, IRQ 10

usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports

usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1

hub.c: USB hub found

hub.c: 2 ports detected

usb-uhci.c: v1.275:USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver

usbdevfs: remount parameter error

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 2

usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x864/0x4102) is not claimed by any active driver.

usb.c: registered new driver usbvnetr

usb_vnet_probe: usb vendor/product=864/4102

vnetusba.c/ChangeState: state change 0 -> 0

vnet.c/InitDevice: flags 00000188

command.c/GetOpMode: FCU ok 00000188

vnet.c/InitDevice: ctrl_wait defbfac0 Adapter dfd68000

vnet_kernel.c/VNetSchedule: ctrl_wait defbfac0 wait @ dee69df4  Adapter @ dfd68000

callbacks.c/ctrl_callback: GetOpMode: ctrl_urb->status 0 DevMode 4

hub.c: already running port 1 disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...

usb.c: USB disconnect on device 2

usb.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 3

usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 4

usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4 (error=-110)

I've seen that you didn't change your 'usb-uhci.o' for 'uhci.o'. By default Mandrake Linux uses usb-uhci.o so you have to change that to what the web site suggest. There is instructions for that just before the compiling instuctions. Here they are.

use uhci.o rather than the default usb-uhci.o. Edit /etc/modules.conf and

1. replace alias usb-controller usb-uhci

2. with alias usb-controller uhci

3. reboot 

blablabla.. you should read all the instuction very carefully and make sure uhci is loaded instead of usb-uhci when you reboot. Type as root 'lsmod' to list the loaded modules. If you see usb-uhci then it didn't work.

we are close .. lol

MOttS

Hi MOttS,

That helped out lots... You were right about changing usb-uhci to uhci. I did read the instruction but because I could not find "alias usb-controller usb-uhci", I ended up adding in "alias usb-controller uhci".

What was in my /etc/modules.conf was "probeall interface usb-controller usb-uhci" which upon changing to "probeall interface usb-controller uhci", things seem to have started to work properly.

I did apply the patch to depmod -a so that might have helped out also.

Well, I think my MA101 should be working now except that I am unable to get 128-bit WEP running properly. I'll have to try turning it off and seeing if my PC works now. Otherwise, do you know if iwconfig is able to support 128-bit WEP encryption?

Thanks for the umpteenth time.

Jon

Excellent !!!!

For 128-bit stuff I would make a Group Google search of email the guy who provided the instructions ... anyway he asked to send feedbacks for people installing on other distro than RedHat. Explain him what you have done so far and you should get an answer from him. But from my part, I have absolutely no idea.

You could also try man ifconfig or ifconfig --help .. or maybe ifconfig have a website ..

Anyway.. good luck !

MOttS