Solaris 9 & Joliet Extensions

I'm trying to burn cd's w/long filenames to be read on Sun Solaris 9 systems using Easy CD Creator 5. As I understand it, Solaris 9 does not read Joliet Extensions correctly (it truncates the filenames), it only reads Rock Ridge extensions...and I apparently Easy CD Creator 5 does not burn Rock Ridge extension cd's....Can anyone confirm this?

Quick answer.

Joliet are the MS 'long filename' extensions to ISO9660 so I wouldnt expect Solaris to be able to read them, if for no other reason than they are probably copyrighted but also becuase it doesnt hold the correct properties.

I have never tested it though, but you can make them easily enough WITH RR extensions under Solaris. If you have a U5 or U10 you can even use an IDE CDWriter.

I havent tried any winBlows software for a long long time ;;;; ahhhhh ...

But I know you can do this from a NTFS FS using Knoppix becuase I did it on sunday :D

If I was free to do this anyway Id use a knoppix live CD (since I know it but PCLinux OS could be just as viable) ....

Just use a -R in your mkisofs and it adds rockridge extensions :D

well, this is at my job so i can't use linux (not certified...blah). someone said they were able to do it, but they couldn't remember how...who knows. guess i'll just report my findings w/the possible solutions.

If I understand the task is to do this using Easy CD Creator 5.....

I have loads of these things EVERY WEEK....

This weeks project is to decide which version of wrench works best with nail 6"

We have adjustable 12" wrench V1.0 or 5/8" wrench ....

I tried asking to evaluate HAMMER V10.6 but apparently HAMMER V10.6 requires special training to use .... which i dont have, even though I regularly use a HAMMER to knock in nails at home. However since wrench comes under general tools I am allowed to use it .....

Ouch,,, it slipped and hit my thumb ....

I dunno tyme, judge this yourself ....

What I usually do is write the report AND provide the solution thats impossible.

Still, it leaves me plenty of time to post !!!

somehow....SOMEHOW....this ONE machine burns cd's, using easy cd creator, with the filesystem set to joliet, that can be read by Solaris 9 w/extended file names...

and they guy who made it do this -thinks- it might be a registery key, BUT, I don't have rights to run regedit on the machine he did it on (nor can I be given them - security reasons and the such).

grrrr....*begins to hunt his registry for possible solutions, all the while praying he doesn't break something*