Incorrect colour in Flash Player and LUNA error

AussieJohn

To get help to solve my 2 small problems and to help get a current active topic running in the dismally quiet MUB I am copying over a post of mine made at Mageia forum. I hope this is OK. :-)

I am running the full latest updated Mageia-1 using Boot install from 2 days ago.

Both root and home partitions were clean installed so no hang over from previous installs.

I have 2 small problems.

1. All the colours in flash items in Firefox seem to be colour opposites i.e. red is now blue, blue is now red and so on. I have even swapped the non-free flash player for the Adobe sited player but the problem is unaltered.

2. Everything else seems to be working correctly other than a problem with the LUNA plasmoid which does not install and give an error message saying svg or whatever cannot be found.

My standby machine is running Mageia-1 also and has been simply fully updated over the past months and shows no signs of such a colour problem, however the Luna problem exists there also.

The Luna problem in Mageia is not consistent because some times in a Mageia reinstall the Luna installs AOK. Very strange indeed.

Any ideas anyone please.

Cheers. John.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Edited by AussieJohn

Are you using an NVIDIA card? If so, right click the flash movie and click settings and then disable the hardware acceleration. It will then be OK.

As for the other error, please post exactly the error message, and will try to help.

Thank you Ian, that solved the colour problem.

The LUNA error message is as shown in the attachment.

Your reply was certainly very much more polite that someone called doktor5000 over at Mageia. Others offered the same solution as yours and I thank them for it but he offered nothing at all.

Cheers. John.

post-2089-0-73664700-1334859877_thumb.png

Edited by AussieJohn

Hi John,

Try here, some comments about where to put the luna.svg:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/luna.svg?content=93779

you can also download the luna.svg here. Alternatively, search to see if there is a luna package in Mandriva, if not, then download and unpack this to the correct location as per the comments in the link. It looks like it should be here:

/usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/luna.svg

You can always try to locate it:

updatedb
locate luna.svg

of course, su to root first so that you can update the locate database, and then search. A slower method without updating the locate database, would be something like this:

find / -iname luna.svg

Hello Ian.

Because I didn't explain the Luna Problem adequately, I think you misunderstand the problem.

The LUNA Plasmoid installs correctly or seems to with no errors and all its files appear in the places they are supposed to be according to the rpm details.

The problem arises when I try to place the LUNA widget on to the desktop, that is when the error messages originates.

In Mageia2-beta3 it goes on to the desktop without a problem and can be configured. It also works correctly on my now backup machine which is running Mageia-1 and which was my original hardware and was installed over a year ago and been constantly updated.

My current main machine is running an SSD hence the newer install of Mageia-1 but it has been clean installed a number of times and on most of those installs Luna worked correctly. The problem occurrence does not seem to follow any noticeable pattern,

which is quite annoying in trying to track down the source of the problem.

I opened a dummy account and it mounted AOK. In root it mounted AOK.

I am open to any further ideas.

Cheers. John.

OK, understand that it installed properly, but it seems that luna.svg is missing, hence why I asked if you can verify with the commands I put to make sure the file is exactly there. If you've done this, and it is, then I'm expecting it's searching in a place where it should be but it isn't. Which was why wanted to find out, if the luna.svg is in the place where I mentioned it should be.

Hello Ian.

All the files as listed in the Luna RPM are present in the locations stated they should be.(see below)

You are correct about the luna.svg in that it is present in /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/luna.svg in the Mageia2-beta3 that I am trying out but is NOT present in my main Mageia-1.

I have tried uninstalling the Luna Plasmoid and reinstalling it a number of times but it does not change things.

The Luna Plasmoid in Mageia2-beta-3 is 4.8.2.

Cheers. John.

I am about to try a few other things and will be back.

‎/usr/lib64/kde4/plasma_applet_luna.so

‎/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/luna.png

‎/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/luna.png

‎/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/luna.png

‎/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/luna.png

‎/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/luna.png

‎/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/luna.png

‎/usr/share/kde4/services/plasma-applet-luna.desktop

Leave it installed, and manually copy the luna.svg to this location to fix it. Copy it from your Mageia 2 install, and place it in the correct location on Mageia 1. Or download fm the link I gave you previously.

Thanks Ian.

I used an idea variant of your idea.

I opened dolphin in root ( <su -> then root password then <dolphin> ) and did your suggested <locate luna.svg> again.

This brought up...../var/lib/mageia/kde4-profiles/common/share/apps/desktop-theme/Mageia/widgets/luna.svg.

This is similar to the </usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/luna.svg> to be found in an account that you found and suggested.

I simply copied the luna.svg and pasted (as you suggested) it into that location. This worked perfectly and I rebooted to be certain it would hold and it did. This meant that I did not have to go out of Mageia at all.

This is obviously a work around but I wonder how the problem originates in the first place ??. This is now only curiosity since so far as I am concerned the problem is now SOLVED thanks to you.

Cheers. John.

Package was built wrong, with the luna.svg in the wrong place. Assuming you installed this plasmoid from rpm of course, or using MCC. I expect that you did. Seems in the newer version it was fixed.

Thanks for the update, Ian.

Just out of interest where did you find that info since I would too like to do a read up on it.

What makes it really odd is that before I did the fix, I opened a dummy account and was able to deploy the LUNA widget no trouble at all, yet in my real account it was not there. (Mageia-1). Weird huh.

Hopefully then there should be no re-occurrence in the future.

Cheers. John.

The link I provided in an earlier post shows the luna.svg for download, and also comments about people with the same problem and error that you were experiencing. People suggesting copying it to the correct location fixed the problem.

Now, if you installed an rpm package, with urpmi or mcc or installing packages available in Mageia repos, and the luna svg is missing - this suggests only one of two situations. Either they built the package without including luna.svg or that it was included, but was located in the wrong place on the disk. And so why you experienced the problem. This is assuming of course, that you installed it how I believe you did. If it was installed using another method, then that would depend on the installation method to get that plasmoid installed, and again, didn't put luna.svg in the correct place that it should do.

Thanks Ian.

I installed the Luna Plasmoid as a normal Mageia rpm, part of the Mageia Plasmoid packages such as Picture Frame and Yawp (weather).

I read the Luna discussion you suggested and I see it was around 2008. wow.

Thanks again. John.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I stumbled upon this and sure enough my 2010.2 had the same luna problem.

As root in console this fixed it:

cp /var/lib/mandriva/kde4-profiles/common/share/apps/desktoptheme/Mandriva/widgets/luna.svgz /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/luna.svgz

THIS WORKS. THANKS!

I didn't know if I should move it so I just copied it.