Mandriva's children

grendal

Ok, time to choose your favorite child, lol. Do you prefer the older child named PCLinuxOS or the new darling Baby called Mageia? I have both burned on discs. On my spare drive I am currently running PCLinusOS 2011.6. All seems fine, no issues on my machine. I will run it for a while, get bored and try Mageia. I did like the RC versions of Mageia, so I expect to enjoy the final release.

So for me, like any good {haha} family member I don't think I can pick a favorite. What say's you?

Given what I am hearing about the latest Mandrive release, it does make me wonder what Textstar will do in the future with PCLinuxOS.

Actually I prefer the Mageia release, running Gnome. It feels more like the good ol' Mandrake for me than PCLinuxOS imho. But then... I am a Gnome-Guy. :)

Well, this weekend I am going to try Mageia, but the kde desktop. Funny enough on Mint I prefer Gnome but with Mandy or PcLOS or Mageia I always go with KDE.

For some reason PCLOS 2001.6 doesnt like my old HP PSC1410, so hopefully I better luck with Mageia. Not too worried, unless I decide I like it better than Mint.....