Mixer channels missing in kmix [solved]

tf1

Hi Chaps

Just installed 2010.2, works great.

Problem is when i click on the sound applet and choose mixer, kmix shows only one channel "internal audio analog stereo" no others are available, used to be just fine in 2010, where I could choose from a multitude of channels. I need to get to the channels to mute one of them (can't remember which one) because with it unmuted my mouse makes a noise through the speakers when it is moved, it's very annoying

Any ideas what I need to do, the driver is the same as far as I can recollect and it's using Alsa with Pulse audio enabled.

Thanks

Edited by tf1

Hi tfi, you may want to disable pulse audio in mcc. Then depending on what card your system reports it as you should get some more options in the sound control setup in KDE, if you are running KDE that is. I have a laptop the creates an awful scratchy type sound if I have the modem speaker unmuted. My pc gives me the same mixer control as you describe with pulse enabled.

Disable pulse and see what you get.

Thanks, I managed to get the channels back by disabling Pulse audio. I had tried before posting, but didn't realize you had to reboot instead of just log out\in. I found that on an earlier post by SilverSsurfer60. The channel causing the problem was the "phone" channel. Sound is now perfect.

What are the advantages of using Pulse audio? I may experiment with PA and try aumix or alsamixer, as Ken suggested. Would there be any benefit?

Edit: If I swapped back to PA, would the phone channel stay muted?

Cheers

Edited by tf1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.