MandrivaUsers.org : Controlling Interest in Mandriva Sold To Russians - MandrivaUsers.org

Posting New Items in Portal News

Space is limited on the portal page, so any news item that is excessively long, may be edited. If you don't want your item edited, please post in Everything Linux. There is no need to enclose the main body of the item in quotes: a link to the source provides sufficient attribution. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Controlling Interest in Mandriva Sold To Russians

#1 User is offline   arctic 

• Platinum
  • View blog
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

More news on the future of Mandriva:

Last Friday the newspaper Vedomosti reported that a Russian firm, NGI, has purchased a controlling interest in Mandriva. The Quintura blog published a short English language summary of the article today. NGI had previously purchased a 5% stake in Mandriva in July for an undisclosed sum as part of the €3 million financial rescue of the company according to the Vedomosti article. NGI and Ceychas Fund are investing an additional €2 million to acquire controlling interest, including purchasing shares currently held by two other investors.

More...
Mageia 1

#2 User is offline   Greg2 

• 45% Platinum

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

In Russia, Mandriva has plans to extremely extend R&D and setup up to 15 people for testing & QA
and

A community manager will be hired by Mandriva to help the community to implement these plans.
Where's Adam? :rolleyes:/>

quotes from: The Official Mandriva Blog

#3 User is offline   arctic 

• Platinum
  • View blog

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

In a safe harbor, where people wear red fedoras. :P/>
Mageia 1

#4 User is offline   Greg2 

• 45% Platinum

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

You just made me laugh and choke on my beer... now I'll have to clean my keyboard. :D/>

#5 User is offline   boatman9 

• Awesome
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

When I noticed a recent update for Wireshark in 2010.0 I wondered who is updating the rpm packages. Are updates now being done by official Mandriva people working for the Russian firm NGI, or by former Mandriva employees working as volunteers?

#6 User is offline   tux99 

• Emperor Penguin
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

View Postboatman9, on 14 October 2010 - 08:44 PM, said:

When I noticed a recent update for Wireshark in 2010.0 I wondered who is updating the rpm packages. Are updates now being done by official Mandriva people working for the Russian firm NGI, or by former Mandriva employees working as volunteers?

Check the last changelog entry of the package, it says who did the update.
Linux user since 1995 (Slackware 2.2), Mandrake/Mandriva user since 6.0, Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
>>>LinuxTECH.NET<<<
Linux - Life in the Open without Walls or Windows

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users