New year and improved logo

In case you have noticed, our logo looks a bit different this year. It should be easier to read against the penquin background now thanks to efforts by member cjc.

He has tweaked the cumalative efforts previously put forth by other members here. Prior to this it was moderator scoopy who shined up the board's logo and added the three dimensional look to it.

The original design was the brainchild of admin paul, who is also to thank for making the script work to allow those IE challenged visitors to view the transparent png file and our banner as it was meant to be.

For what it is worth...

I contacted Scoopy some time ago about the background and the logo needing something to make one word stand out. Scoopy was very kind and challenged me at the same time (said I "had to use GIMP"). Not wanting to re-invent the wheel I asked Scoopy for his native GIMP files for the logo and backgound. Being a true gentleman and one who understands the word "share" (another topic but one that sets this board well above others, the ability of members to share their knowledge...)

All I did was some simple playing (okay, I had to read the GIMP manual). I sent Scoopy the first versions of my trial and error for some feed back...suddenly the modifications are approved by the Dev Team...Without Scoopy and Paul...well, the Logo would not have come from my hands...Team Effort...many hands make the job easier...as long as there are not too many to spoil the broth...

The logo is indeed better...but...there is still room...

Bottom line, people here are really nice...long live this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cjc

• 3 months later...

And now thanks to scoopy who has once again come through we are using a transparent .gif instead of a .png. The advantage is that we no longer need those IE .png fix javascripts. Thanks scoopy!

Could have had that long ago if I had been told/asked to put it in gif rather than png. :deal:

It does look like you made some improvements to make it sort of 3-D looking (more depth and puffy)...I think it looks much better than what I did... :thumbs: