2009.1 and HP f2480 psc

Rowan

I recently had my printer die so, after looking to see what is supposedly currently supported, I bought an HP f2480 all-in-one. I have always had a good run from HP printers.

I have not been able to get this new machine to work at all.

Has anybody had any success with getting the right hplip version to install and what else I might need to do to get it to play ball? A blow by blow would help.

Thanks in anticipation

I believe I had to use a newer HPLIP from the backports. I have the same printer, but am running 2010.

I simply went into MCC enabled backports, then searched for the latest HPLIP and installed that, then I disabled backports again.

I still have a few issues with printing eg. if it runs out of paper sometimes it wont continue printing :( But otherwise it works pretty well.

You won't find the drivers you need in the Official Mandriva 2009.1 repos. As xboxboy has already noted, you can find them in the Mandriva 2010 /main/backports repo. So you could upgrade to Mandriva 2010 or 2010.1. If you want to use 2009.1, you will have to remove all of the hplip rpms from your system and try using the latest hplip-3.10.6.run file from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hplip/files/

I would suggest doing the upgrade, if that's possible for you.