Flash/Shockwave/Java for Netscape 7.1

matt_thomas

I'm having problems getting Shockwave, Flash, and Java objects to display in Netscape 7.1 (Mozilla and Konquerer as well...) I downloaded and installed the flash player, as directed by the plugin download page, after installation, it told me to delete xpti.dat.... I did remove this file, but I still can't get the flash plugin, shockwave, or java to install properly... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.... please help?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,

I got my flash working by downloading libstdc++2.10 and then restarting my KDE by ctrl+alt+backspace. After that it worked fine.

Java I had trouble with to; when I put the plugin in my Netscape dir. it did not work. However, I used the plugin without gcc3.2 and put it in my home/.mozilla directory and once again restarted KDE and it seems to work.

However, I am now using Konqueror. I found that it found my plugins when I directed to search for em. hopes this helps a little.

here's some good info on how to get various plugins working with Moz & Netscape.......

Mozilla & Netscape Plugin Help

if ya wanna try the easy method, do to the downloads section in the forum for some plugins in rpm format........

MDK Forum Plugins

or, you could check out Texstar's stuff for some rpm plugins.......

Texstar RPM's

Chris